The Burgundy Legacy Foundation (“The Foundation”) is committed to providing our services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. The Foundation prioritizes the well-being and inclusion of all individuals involved in its operations, including people with disabilities.
The Foundation will make every reasonable effort to ensure that:
- Persons with disabilities are provided equal opportunity to obtain, use and benefit from The Foundation’s services and facilities;
- Services and facilities are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities;
- Communications with a person with a disability are conducted in a manner that, if applicable, takes the person’s disability into account; and
- Persons with disabilities may use assistive devices, service animals and support persons as is necessary to access The Foundation’s services and facilities.
The Foundation’s policies include:
- Information about the steps we take to ensure that our communications, documents, and events are accessible;
- Details of the trainings our staff undergo on accessible customer service and how to interact with individuals with different disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and autonomy;
- Our procedures in the event of a service disruption;
- Our procedures regarding how we address and respond to feedback, complaints, and concerns;
- Information on how we make accommodations for employees and employee candidates with accessibility needs; and
- Information on our commitment to welcoming service animals and support persons where permissible by law, among other details.
A copy of our Accessibility Policy will be made available on request. It can also be provided in alternate formats upon request. The Foundation will update this Policy as required in order to comply with applicable regulations.
The Foundation welcomes feedback on how to improve its services and facilities for individuals with accessibility needs, and will respond to such feedback in a timely manner. Feedback can be submitted via the following phone numbers and/or addresses:
Burgundy Asset Management Ltd.
c/o Head of People & Talent
Bay Wellington Tower, Brookfield Place
181 Bay Street, Suite 4510
PO Box 778, Toronto ON M5J 2T3